What is the CUB?
The CUB is a modern innovation of the traditional birth stool and the widely used birth ball. Its innovative, inflatable design supports all of the advantages of an active labor and an upright position for birth
- Lightweight, adaptable and comfortable
- Easy to clean
- Can be used in any environment
What does it do?
The CUB is designed to provide all of the advantages of an active labor while supporting a variety of positions for giving birth, while removing all of the disadvantages associated with the traditional birth stool or common birth ball (please see comparison chart below).
- Facilitates mobility, comfort and relaxation during pregnancy, labour and birth
- Kneeling, squatting, all fours and sitting are all easily and comfortably achieved with the CUB
Why are upright positions important?
Research has shown that adopting upright positions during labor and birth can have many advantages for both mother and baby.
- Decreases the chance of your baby becoming distressed by 55%
- Increases the available space in your pelvis by 30%
- Reduces the need for a cut in your perineum by 21%
- Reduces the need for medical assistance by 23%
- Reduces the need for emergency C-sections by 29%